Everything Ecstatic is bringing a very special evening of Classic Simpsons Trivia to Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco on Sunday November 18th! And this time around, it’s the Space Coyote Edition, celebrating the finer points of El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Homer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer), you know…the Carlos Castaneda-inspired episode where Homer eats a Guatemalan Insanity pepper and goes on a quasi-peyote trip? Yup, this is happening. Themed menus, killer prizes and more…here’s the scoop:
Trivia: Four rounds of Classic Simpsons Trivia (seasons 1-10 only!) Your hosts are local media oafs Adrian Spinelli and Zack Ruskin.
We’ll be showing episodes in between rounds!
Prizes: The grand prize is a special one… We teamed up with cannabis brand Space Coyote, who make the delightful Hash-infused pre-rolled joint to give away a really snazzy Space Coyote embroidered denim jacket. I mean…take a look at these beauties! ❤
We’ve also got a ton of vintage Simpsons swag to give away, concert tickets to shows at Du Nord, bar tabs and maybe an extra something something from Space Coyote (which you can btw, order online here or get at Sparc dispensary in SF.)
The Food: Not gonna lie, this is the best part. Chef August Schuchmann of West of Pecos restaurant on Valencia has put together an awesomely outrageous Simpsons-themed menu. Check it:
– Carnitas Tacos w/ Merciless Pepper Sauce from Quetzalacatenango (or without…but the inmates who grew the peppers deep in the jungleprimeval of a Guatemalan insane asylum worked really hard to make it, so give it a shot!)
– Chief Wiggum’s Hearty Chili – Chili Colorado style with thick beef chunks and “rich creamery butter” (not really on the butter, but at least you won’t need to coat your mouth with candle wax for this one)
– Little Lisa Simpson’s Vegetarian Enchiladas – (Butternut Squash Enchiladas topped w/ queso fresco & fried sage) Paul and Linda McCartney approved!
– Psychedelic Green Chile Mac & Cheese – (It’s very cheese-diddl-diddly-iddly-doodl-y) [begins tripping out]
– You Don’t Win Friends w/ Harvest Salad – Actually, it comes with butter lettuce, jicama, corn, queso fresco, avocado, crispy garbanzo beans and and green goddess dressing….so maybe you DO win friends with this particular salad?
– Follow The Tortoise to Chunky Guacamole & Chips. (Please don’t kick the tortoise, you’ll still get the guac & chips)
Drinks: Cafe Du Nord bar manager Jean-Luc Cardenas is creating a Flaming Moe shot this time around! The ingredients are of course a secret. He’s also crafted a “Space Coyote Cocktail” (we’re really hammering the theme home here…I know) with Mezcal, Serrano Chile, Lime, Honey-Chile Syrup and a Black Salt rim)
That’s it y’all….Sunday, November 18th from 6pm-9pm at Cafe Du Nord (2174 Market St. in San Francisco) Doors open at around 5:30 and GET YOUR TICKETS HERE!
Come “find your soulmate Homer” with us on Sunday. Cheers!